Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Too many things going on . . .

Last week was C R A Z Y!!! Work kicked my ass! I think it'll slow down, but not quite yet. Lots of hours but hey, this is what I choose. I'm thankful, in more ways than one.

I finished the third of Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's books. This one was called "Make Him Look Good" and it was soooo good. I love her writing - it's like reading my thoughts. She's simple to understand; maybe that's why I get into her books because I don't have to think hard about what she's trying to convey or say. Kinda like me, simple but deep. Lots of emotions but not hard to figure out. If I'm quiet, leave me alone. I'm not mad, I'm not in a bad mood, I just need to be left alone and I don't need to "talk" it out. Ok, back to the book (sorry about that tangent - it's not always about me). . . I guess the other reason I relate so well to her style is she's all about the Latin/Hispanic culture. Anyway, I love her style and can't wait for her fourth to come out sometime this month.

So last week I got an email from a friend that I had not talked to since 1992. She sent one of those "are you the person who knows me" message and of course I did. I am so excited to connect w/her again. We used to work together in the late 70's/early 80's here in Albuquerque before I got married and she moved back to Tampa. She reminded me of a time that my ex had surprised me when we lived in South Carolina. He told me that he invited his boss for dinner so I was expecting his boss, and in walked Patti and Thom. I think I cried - they had come up from Tampa to visit for the weekend. First time I had friends visit me since I had left home and it was pretty special. Yeah, my ex wasn't always an ass. So anyway, I love that another friend has connected w/me via the superhighway.

I'm excited about this weekend, because I'm heading to Taos again. This time for a wedding. My girl Pat's niece is tying the knot and we get in on the fun. Don't you love weddings? I do. You get to dress up, you get to eat, you get to drink and dance . . . what's not to like. Plus, I'm not the one that had to stress setting up the shindig. I love weddings.

Well I hope everyone has a great week. I'll catch up on your blogs since I've neglected lately. peace out!

6 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, October 03, 2006, Blogger Steph said...

Have a great time at the wedding! Sounds like fun, and Taos is so beautiful.
I also love weddings. I used to be a wedding coordinator for several years and I literally never got tired of it. What's not to love about a party every night? :)

 
At 3:31 PM, October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you....Love your Blog....maybe I should start one??? You are still the most fun loving, wonderful spirit that I knew all those years ago. I am so excited that we have re-connected. For all your loyal readers....boy do I have some stories I could tell on this girl!!!!! Ha.....all good....I'll be writing you soon, with another update and a memory!!!
Peace,
Patti

 
At 5:37 PM, October 03, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Enjoy the wedding!
I want to hear the stories, Patti! ;)

 
At 6:28 AM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

steph, why aren't you still planning them? i personally just like going, i don't want to be on the planning side.

ms. patti, NO STORIES!!! yikes, i can't even think about what you might dish on me. just know this, our children read this so i keep it g-rated for a reason. (not that there would be anything that would come up that wasn't g-rated....right??) :)

thursday, quit egging her on! :)

 
At 9:18 AM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be truthful, it was usually me getting "one over" on Nettie. She was such a laid back target, I couldn't resist. One time when we were working for ABQ Federal...as Tellers...we had stations next to each other. Anyway...I was on the phone with a very angry customer, this lady just kept going on and on, I don't remember now about what, but I know she was being nasty. Annette was sitting there just laughing at me, having to listen to woman. I finally had enough and I got a bit "angry" myself.....said a few things you shouldn't to a customer.....and the lady goes "What is your name Miss, I'm going to report you to your Manager" ....and I said....
ANNETTE MARTINEZ!!!! The look on Annette's face was to say the least "priceless"......
Guess you'll get me back for that someday now, huh??????
Awh...those were the days......

 
At 10:25 PM, October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus, you get to be driven all the way to Taos by me. I can't wait to finally catch up with you! It has been way too long. Missing you! - Mattie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home