Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Same old shit, different day . . .

Do you ever just get tired of the same old shit....wake up at 5:00 (or in my case 2:30 since I haven't been sleeping well), get ready for work, drive to work, come in to work, start coffee, turn on computer, open all the programs you use for the day, go to fridge and get half and half for coffee, warm it at microwave, get water in giant mug, come back to desk and fix the perfect cup of coffee, read blogs (sometimes blog), start working since by this time everyone else starts showing up, and then it's lunch time.....work, work, work, then it's time to go home. Sometimes, I get calls from my girls (3ish yesterday) telling me they're sneaking out early, do I wanna come??? HAH......does a bear.....

I want a new daily routine....one that lets me sleep 'till 8ish/9ish, one that lets me roll over and someone is smiling at me with that look....ok, I know there isn't anyone to give me that look but damn, it's my fantasy....anyway, after we do the deed, we stroll through the day....I don't know how I'd make money at this point, but since I'm living in lala land right now, I'm thinking that "someone special" won't want me to work....yeah, I'll just be his beck and call girl....(did I just call myself a call girl????) :)

Ok, time to wake up....random I know....so sue me for daydreaming, since I'm not night dreaming lately! See what no sleep produces....

8 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Jerrster said...

well I could be "kept" owned even, with the right person....and man, not to HAVE to work...and at the end of the day I'm there at the door every evening with her Martini and her favorite "sling-shot" underpants she likes so well.

 
At 4:43 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok which porthole are we talking about?

 
At 7:29 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I hear ya, Toes! But be warned: just a few short months ago, I was drowning in a similiar 'lather-rinse-repeat-I've-got-to-get-out-of-this-damn-rut' feeling; which in less than three weeks will be my 'new-beginning-new-adventures-new-city-new-me' reality. On second thought, don't be cautious...be daring! Daring is good for the soul!! :)

 
At 7:08 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, yeah, we were on the same wave length yesterday! being kept....that sounds better than calling myself a call girl - WTH was i thinking? oh yeah, i wasn't thinking, i was daydreaming! :)

jer, martini is good, but the sling shots i'm thinking are more for you, not the women "keeping" you. ;)

sugar, i swear you are wonderfully wacky - no more blogging drunk for you. i really need to meet you and ms. nbgirl someday. and when are you posting pics - you said you would!

kc, i would be shocked, SHOCKED, if there were a change in my life any time soon. but if change comes, bring it on!

 
At 8:46 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

2:30am? Oh dear. Have you tried meditation or yoga before sleeping? I have sleeping issues and that does a world of good.

Well, I go back to my workday routine in two weeks. Most of the day is consistant: teenagers not paying attention or doing work. :)

 
At 10:08 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

thursday, i think it's heridatary (sp?). it's on my moms side and there are many of us who sleep only 4 hours a night. i didn't used to be that way, it started when i moved into my own house by myself. could be part of the menapausal thing too....yeah, i'm that old!

 
At 10:46 PM, August 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's that damn pillow...

 
At 6:55 AM, August 18, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

fag....shttttt....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home