Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Monday, July 17, 2006

Another weekend rundown . . . .

My schedule is set that I have every other Friday off. Thankfully, this past weekend was my Friday, which made it a three-dayer! I love three day weekends because it rejuvenates me. That extra day makes "A" a happier person. I was able to clean a very messy house (hadn't unpacked from San Diego), hadn't dusted in over 4 weeks (I know - it grossed me out too), sheets needed changing, had piles of laundry, bathrooms needed scrubbing, just general overall clean up the mess and feel like I can breathe again!

I did do something different this past Friday w/my Vegas girls, that I've not done here in ABQ. Linda scheduled a wine tasting tour for us at a wonderful winery. Yes, here, in the desert...I know....who would of thunk! I bought two bottles of a Syrah that tasted quite wonderful. I'll have to come up w/an occasion to open them.

Spent the day Saturday w/my friend Rose and her family. They have a pool so guess where we were? Like I needed more sun.

Sunday was spent w/family and our mom always cooks Sunday dinner for us. We had halibut that my aunt's boyfriend brought back from Alaska. Mom fried half of it and grilled the other half. I love fish so this was a treat! She also made stuffed zucchini and people, it was tasty....(I'm also having it for lunch today!)

So I'm reading a fantastic book - has anyone heard of "The Dirty Girls Social Club" by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez? It's about a group of Latina women who became friends while going to Boston College, and have remained friends ten years later (which is the time period the book takes place). The writing is amazing and real and pulls lots of emotions from me. I'm excited to have lunch just so I can read some more.

I also bought a new CD this past week. OMG, Nelly Furtado ROCKS! Her new CD "Loose" is sexy and soulful and all the things I love about getting new music.

So that's all for now....Happy Monday!

16 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Marty said...

A 43 year old who likes Nelly Furtado! Points to you for being hip.

:)

(Not saying anything against 43 year olds!)

 
At 12:17 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

actually marty, you took 3 years off my age - which i can live with, but my friends, they'll let the truth be known! they're rude that way. :)

 
At 8:05 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, you'll be pleasantly pleased w/this book. it's really good and getting better by the chapter. i've been told there's more (sequels) so i'm excited to hunt down the next when i'm finished w/this.

seriously, music is a link for all generations, except maybe those foggies (namly dog) who can't relate to a little rap!

 
At 12:26 AM, July 18, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Love Nelly Furtado. Love, love, love...

And dusting?
People dust?




Huh...

 
At 6:52 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

I love the groove to Nelly's song in the air at the moment, I just wish it wasnt so riske! Uh, lets here this stuffed zucchini recipe, Popsicle Toes! That sounds amazing!

 
At 6:29 AM, July 19, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

hita, will you ever understand the cleanliness thing? poor man, who gets you....

tiny, i don't have a recipe...seriously, my mom just threw stuff together....

hollow out a large zuccini and keep the hollowed out pieces, cut up small...cook sausage (jimmy dean) w/onion and garlic...let cool....mix this w/a box of stuffing (stove top) and a block of grated pepper jack cheese (save some for the top)...put all of this inside the zuccini and put the overflow along side it....pour a jar of spagetti sauce on top and top w/cheese....cook for 30 minutes. that's what i remember. good luck if you try it, but if you do, i want to know how it turns out!

 
At 4:43 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Haha. I hate you...

 
At 1:33 AM, July 20, 2006, Blogger CP said...

Ooooooooooooh. I love Nelly Furtado. She's amazing and completely underrated. So much better than all the blonde pop tarts out there today...except for Christina Aguilera.

That girl can SANG!!! *L*

CP.

 
At 6:57 AM, July 20, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

brat, no you don't...you love me like a tia! :)

cp, christina's the real deal. i love that voice of hers! she sends me.

 
At 12:14 PM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you like nelly furtado? that surprises me...considering her #1 hit at this moment is a rap song called "promiscuous".

oh wait...nevermind. :)

 
At 6:35 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

is that you fag??? haven't heard from you in quite awhile...oh yeah, you were checking the wrong month for a month!! dork.

and the song i can't get out of my head right now is called

"DO IT"

You're standing at the door
I'm falling to the floor
You look even better than you did before
I'm staring at my feet
Wondering if I can do this
It's been a while but I couldn't forget you

Just a little look has got me feeling things
Just a little touch has got me seeing things
Just a little taste has got me off the chains
Doing things that I don't want to

Do it like you do it to me (I'm burning up)
Do it like you do it to me (it's not enough)
Do it like you do it to me just open up
Don't you know how much I want you

We're sitting real close and I can feel your breath
I wanna touch your hand but I lay back
Cuz you know this thing could sprial in the night
I've changed my mind I'm ready for you this time

We're sitting real close I can feel your breath
I wanna touch your hand but I lay back
We're sitting real close I can feel your breath
I wanna touch your hand I cannot fight it off


yeah, yeah, you should be praying for me . . . :)

 
At 7:52 AM, July 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...need i say more?

 
At 1:23 AM, August 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 6:34 AM, August 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 4:23 AM, February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Levitra success stories 9700 cobra detector radar xrs http://www.phentermine-yellow.info/aon_commercial_mortgage_insurance.html 2005 infiniti fx45 proxima projector 6860 Http 3a 2fgambling craps Carmine web site marketing Michael ferrari Fossil lsu logo watches Colored contact lens free trial pair alfa romeo nearly new levaquin with birth control Process pursuing medical malpractice case Dvd impotence Wilson n1 tennis racquet

 
At 3:32 PM, February 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it jogging in a jug beverage El salvador cheap phone calls sexy legs pix Web promotion stillwater running shoes saucony Adult poker party Recycling dead batteries lamborghini nitro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home