Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Thursday, June 15, 2006

All in the numbers . . . .

I don't have any rhyme or reason why I love numbers, but I do. Like this morning, I woke up cold because I had forgotten to turn off my AC before falling asleep and I looked at the clock and it was 12:34. I love that. Don't have any reason to love that, but I do. It's like I've told you before, my boys and I wish when we see the time 11:11. Don't know why, we just made it up.

Lately I've been really busy w/work, and in case you hadn't read my profile, I'm a budget analyst...I work w/numbers all day. We just finished a huge project and the team I work with, is amazing. Between the four of us, step one of this project has been completed and we balanced to the penny. And I'm not talking thousands of dollars, I'm talking millions. I'm bragging, I know, but sometimes you gotta toot your own horn. All right, I'll quit now.

7 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Lady K said...

I work with numbers all day, too. I used to hate it, but I'm starting to actually LIKE it. I always feel proud when my deposits balance to the penny, too! Good for you!

I always hope I wake up at some weird "number" time, too.

 
At 10:48 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats...I wish I was good with numbers :(

 
At 11:35 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

1) God, you're a dork.

2) You didn't "make up" wishing at 11:11. Everybody does that. Silly Tia...

 
At 7:32 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Dear Popsicle Toes,
Number SCARE me!
Try not to mention them again, or I shall be forced to come back here with garlic around my neck.
Love,
The English Teacher

 
At 9:48 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

hi normie, it's a good feeling, yes, but there's so much more to do...i'm tired and it's wearing on me.


lady, numbers and me...we just work....the love affair started as a bank teller in 1979 and hasn't stopped since!

sugar, long time no hear from! glad you're back and thanks.

brat, are you allowed to talk to your tia that way? and i didn't know everyone did that....seriously, the first time i ever heard about wishing on 11:11 was with my boys...i've never heard anyone else say they do it....are you allowed to dog me on my blog???

thursday, geez, grammer and prepositions and all that shit scare me, so we're even! i'll behave if you promise never to correct my english :).

 
At 10:33 PM, June 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can go ahead and toot that horn all you want BUT i've got your number....

 
At 3:32 PM, June 17, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to know you people...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home