Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Here comes the bride . . .

I love weddings. The wedding I went to this past weekend for my friend Teresa, was just beautiful. She choose a simple but elegant setting to have it at, and everything about it was tasteful. From her colors (brown, pink and cream), to the garden setting at an Inn, to her caterer, to the table setting. Some women just know how to plan the details. Teresa did such a great job.

When I married my now ex in 1981, my sister-in-laws planned everything. I just showed up at a house that was someone's I didn't even know, some minister married us and we had a small reception. Of course, all three of my girls were there, but looking back, what kind of wedding was that??

Oh well, here's a couple of pics from Teresa and Phil's wedding, starting w/the garden setting . . .


















the bride and groom . . .















her buds were there to party . . .

















Most of the girls you see in the picture of us on the dance floor, started a club years ago called the birthday club. We used to meet for happy hour for every b-day and because of this, we've become good friends. Since most in this group are married now, we don't meet as often, but when I see them, I still enjoy their company. They're warm and friendly and would give you the shirt off their backs. (I want to point out my friend Patricia since I mentioned her before as being one of my Vegas girls....she's in the bottom pic in the turquoise shirt. She's a hoot and pretty special....she's afraid of me though....like I'm a bad influence or something??) :)

8 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Now that's my idea of a wedding: simply gorgeous and gorgeously simple. And before I forget, what a nice looking couple! They're absolutely glowing!

I've attended two over the top, big, elaborate, expensive, 'hey look at how much money we spent, aren't you jealous' type weddings (and granted, in both cases, I was the date so I didn't know either couple at all) but still, I wasn't impressed in the least! In fact, the opposite was true and I had the following reactions: 1) Hope it's worth being in debt for several years; 2) There's serious trouble in Paradise and the grandness is supposed to distract us from noticing, 3) Eh, I give 'em 2 years before he's banging the mom of Junior's playdate; 5) Divorced in less than 5 years. Sad, I know, but true.

Give me a beach ceremony anyday!

 
At 6:41 AM, June 14, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, it was soooo pretty, very simple, but elegant. we did have fun, we stayed in the garden w/some wedding crashers (some golfers from california) who were there for the weekend and they joined us after the majority of the folk left. i usually have fun at events like this.

kc, you're right, they were very happy. they met on match.com if you can belive that. they've dated for two years and both have kids and they included their kids in the wedding. i'm telling you, the whole cereomy was one of the best i've ever been to. i'm repeating, i know, but it was simple, yet elegant.

 
At 1:43 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

I love this post. It helps console me because TLC no longer shows "A Wedding Story" four time a day. :*( I LOVED that show.

 
At 2:56 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Marty said...

I'd like to have a wedding on the beach, with us wearing white, and a minister there, and maybe a few family members. I think that would be awesome!

Or, I could have a wedding complete with shotguns and Billy Bob yelling, "Yee Haw!"

;)

 
At 8:11 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

thursday, i like a wedding story by tlc, but can't watch more than one at a time....maybe 'cause they're sooo perfect...the falling in love part. i think it hurts 'cause i want it and am not finding it.

hi marty, thanks for stopping by. a wedding on the beach is the ultimate "dream" wedding for me. ask any of my friends and they'll tell you that the beach is my true love.

 
At 2:20 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Awwww I wanna wear a pretty white dress and get married...


:'(

 
At 5:55 AM, June 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you will baby girl....and we'll all be there w/tears in our eyes!

love tia

 
At 12:41 AM, February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 240v 60 amp gfi circuit breaker ron woods dance instructor yourself automatic gates mighty mule gate opener http://www.eb-games.info/john-kerry-waffle-house-t-shirts.html ritalin side effect Super popup blocker v2.4 by tsrh Eczema clinic Patents website Old porsche for sale zoey model webcam Buspar radio formula liberty medical botulinum http://www.loss-hair-5.info/Automatic-gates-for-fences.html Seattle plastic surgeon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home