Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Monday, May 22, 2006

The letter "L"

I was out in blog land last week and was reading Ms. Muse's. I commented, and she in turn gave me a letter to continue this meme . . .here's how it works:

If you want to comment on this entry, I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.....here's mine....

laughter: It means happiness - food for my soul. Is there anything as fun as laughing w/friends and family or being laughed at by friends and family? Nope!

love: Saying "I love you" is easy for me to those who are special in my life. My babies get my love unconditionally....my family and friends, same thing. What I want though, is to be able to someday again say this to a special man. Yeah, I'm missing that part.

listen: Not a skill, a couple of my friends claim, that I have. But I disagree. It's not that I don't listen, it's just that I'm not always interested. Big difference! My mind wanders when they're talking about the same subject for 10 minutes, ok. I go off somewhere else, but I take in the jest of what's being said. Ask me anything about them....I can answer it. :)

London, England: My new fav city to party. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd claim a foreign country as one of my favorite places on this earth, but I'm telling you....London was deliciously fun. The sightseeing, the underground, the double-deckers and most importantly, the pubs. That was a vacation to remember!

lips: They just turn me on. I see lips on a man first, then see the rest of his face. I think this fetish started in high school when kissing (only kissing) was the thing to do. These girls now are missing the best part of being young.

lakes: Since I haven't always lived by the ocean, the next best thing is having family and friends with lake houses and houseboats. An aunt and uncle of mine started us going to Elephant Butte Lake in the 70's and the same aunt and uncle bought a lake house on Conchas Lake. I love the water, and since fam/friends have all the toys to play, I'm there!

lunch: I go out to lunch just about every day w/my friends from work. At times it's tedious, just trying to figure out where to go, but it's our social time. I'm very close w/some of my girlfriends from work because of this time of day.

lyrics: I love song lyrics. They move me. For the most part, I can't totally enjoy a song until I learn the words. It started when I used to read them from the middle of an album cover. It was like candy, getting a new album and being able to sit and listen (see...I can listen) and read and learn the new lyrics to whatever album was the flavor for the day. Now, I enjoy cd's that provide the words, just as much. I hate it when they don't include the lyrics...

Lauryn Hill: Speaking of lyrics...Ms. Hill is now one of my most favorite rappers ever. Her voice is heaven and her lyrics to her songs are strong and actually have deep meaning. I wish she'd come out w/something new and blow us away....again.

lens: As in eye of the camera. I love pictures and being surrounded by them. I wish I could show you a picture of my office because you'd see about 100 plus pics of my family and friends. I work in a limited secure area, so no cameras allowed...but pictures are, and they make my day.

10 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

I love this meme. Some favorite L's of mine include lemons, lights from skyscrapers, and latkes. :) I am with Norm: the special man will come and love your popsicle toes.

 
At 10:42 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie-let's pray about it....Lord, a is needing HIM soonly...please provide asap....:) your letter is "c"

thursday-lemons remind me of my cuz (the last of my soul mates that you'll see once i get a pic of her this weekend since i'm headed to austin on THURSDAY :). are you saying prayers for me too?!? your letter is "g"

 
At 11:52 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

How about Lord... that's a good L word.

 
At 1:10 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

brat, you get the letter "k"

 
At 8:00 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Hmmmm... K

;)

 
At 8:58 PM, May 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she was lookin' kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead...

 
At 7:42 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I realize I'm a tad late for the meme party (story of my life! LOL) but I really like this one. I'd like a letter, please...

You named my top three L's (love, laughter and lips) but here are a few of others: Lounging around, letters (real letters, not email), Lyin' Eyes by The Eagles, Lemon Drop martinis, lasagna...

 
At 7:49 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

exactly fag....

ok, i'll check in normie...

ms. kc, you get the letter "o" :)

 
At 10:04 PM, May 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT 1, Dogmeat 0.
britney 1, Dogmeat 0.

 
At 1:28 PM, March 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Bextra suit Female body builders with pretty legs and feet trazodone tab prescription psychological model of bipolar treatment Domains dword Gay glory hole corpus christi texas right hand white gold diamond ring business credit cards Harmon craps http://www.jeepcherokee0.info/Isuzu-alternators.html Dice craps rules Used the vibrator Off the driveway Jenna jameson pegs Sell it on the net.com ionamin Best supplement hair loss 125 diidroxy vitamin d Pewter business card holders horse turnbury kitchens uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home