Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Random stuff . . . .

I'm seriously addicted to coffee. Yesterday my stomie wasn't feeling hot and I drank tea instead and I swear, I yawned the entire day. My body needs caffeine. I feel bad for people addicted to cigarettes and alcohol, because if I'm just addicted to caffeine (possibly carbs too), it must be awful to need those other substances.

So my sister needs my help last night with a powerpoint slide presentation for a class she's taking. Did I mention how tired I was yesterday, all day, without my caffeine? My family loves to act dumb when it suits their fancy....you know what I mean.

My oldest son turned 24 this past Saturday, and he wanted to go watch our baseball team, the Isotopes. We planned to first meet for dinner but I ran to get our tickets first, and when I was walking back to my car, I tripped...in the grass, but I fell hard on my left knee. What's weird is my right ankle is what twisted, but it's my left thigh that has bothered me the most - it keeps wanting to cramp up on me making me walk with a limp. Is this part of the aging process?

Sunday was an absolute beautiful day. We started early at UNM football stadium for our annual sunrise service. The band that began our worship was amazing, the Todd Agnew band...WOW! Then we got to listen to the message from Ryan Dobson, son of James Dobson from "Focus on the Family." Again, very blessed. Spent the rest of the day w/family, of course eating all day...first breakfast w/pops and fam, then dinner w/mom and fam. I still feel full.

So we're back to Monday, and I felt like crap all day yesterday....walked w/a limp and basically looked like I felt....like an old hag. Today's better and my mind is functioning since I've had a full cup of joe. Thank you Lord, that my stomie doesn't feel bad everyday!

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, April 18, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

My friggin knees and one side of my hip hurts from running

 
At 11:57 AM, April 18, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie-yup i do...i had him when i was 10...:)...stomie is one of many words i used when i talked to my boys and i guess it stuck. kinda like stinks or cuddle bunny (my baby), and hitos (my oldest). they probably wouldn't appreciate me posting this about them.

sugar-you're not allowed to be sore yet...you're still too young to have aches and pains.

 
At 3:49 PM, April 19, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Haha, yeah they won't mind b/c neither of them know it exists.

You can thank me for keeping it from them later. For now, I must update MY blog... hehe!

 
At 7:51 AM, April 20, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

actually girley...the baby does know 'cause i told him about it. he just doesn't hit it 'cause it's not a computer game!! you know how that goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home