Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Friday, March 17, 2006

101 Things to know about me....

I'm going to Mildenhall, England next week for two weeks to visit my sister, so I'd thought I'd put this list of 101 things to know about me while I'm gone. If you have any suggestions of what I should see in London, please let me know, I'd love to hear about your experiences!

101 Things to Know about Annette

1. I love summer.
2. Which means I love to be around water.
3. And I'm not picky about what body of water, but especially love the ocean, but I'm just as happy if I'm in a pool or a lake or river.
4. I learned to love the water when we lived in Florida from 1968-1970.
5. I've lived overseas because my Dad was in the Navy.
6. Asmara, Ethiopia to be exact.
7. I learned to water ski, sail, scuba dive, and snorkel in the Red Sea.
8. I still keep in contact w/3 of my friends from Asmara, thanks to the internet (I lived there over 33 years ago).
9. I'm a shopaholic.
10. I love jewelry, clothes, purses and sandals.
11. This addiction has gotten worse as I've gotten older and I'm becoming a label whore.
12. Although......I can wear costume jewelry or the real thing - as long as I have lots of it on me.
13. If there was one actor I could meet (and shag) it'd be Edgar Ramirez.
14. I have never been so smitten by an actor while watching a movie, the way he smit me watching Domino.
15. I'm initially attracted to bad boys, but since I'm older and wiser, I've been going more for the good guys.
16. I've really enjoyed drinking wine in the past couple of years.
17. Initially it was blushes and whites, but now I've graduated to reds.
18. When I go out drinking w/the girls, I usually drink gin and seven.
19. I miss having sex!
20. I'll have been separated and divorced from my ex, 10 years in May.
21. We had two beautiful sons together.
22. My sons are the lights of my life.
23. They complete me.
24. I love chocolate - especially dark.
25. Cheese, chocolate and chips are my downfall.
26. My favorite food is pepperoni & jalapeƱo pizza.
27. But if I had to choose my last meal, I'd choose steak, bake potato and salad w/blue cheese dressing.
28. My favorite home made meal is lasagna.
29. I can be a procrastinator
30. My hardest b-day was my 30th.
31. I love to laugh.
32. My girlfriends from high school make me laugh hardest.
33. The toes on my blog are their toes - Gina (Lucy), Karen (Fag), Vic (Dogology) and me on top!
34. I named this blog popsicle toes after a song by Michael Franks (the Art of Tea).
35. My ex used to call me popsicle toes since he'd let me warm them up every night under his.
36. I miss that about him.
37. Lips on a man are the sexiest thing about them - then hands.
38. Coffee is the nectar of the gods!
39. I hate to talk to anyone before I've had it in the morning.
40. And it's not because I'm in a bad mood either, it's just I need a kick start.
41. Half & half only - no skim, no non-dairy creamer . . . w/lots of sugar - no splenda, no equal and no saccharine!
42. 42 has always been one of my favorite numbers because of my first love Harry Cash - his football jersey number.
43. My favorite time of day is after I've washed my face, brushed my teeth, gotten my water and slip into the covers.
44. I love my bed and thank God for how good it feels all the time.
45. I'm a sucker for email surveys.
46. I'm amazed at how addicted I've become to blogging and reading other's blogs.
47. I haven't told any of my immediate family members about my blog.
48. Partly because I want to write about them ;-) and not have them respond.
49. My sisters and brother are beautiful, crazy and annoying all in the same package.
50. How am I going to make it to 101??
51. As if you didn't know by now, I'm a Steeler fan.
52. Meeting Jerome Bettis and Heniz Ward have been one of the highlights of my life.
53. I'm OCD about my checkbook balance.
54. I balance to the penny at least 3 times a week.
55. And it's not like there's much there.
56. I traded my 2002 beetle last November and bought a Mazda 3.
57. I speed way too much in this car.
58. I think I'm one of the best drivers on the road :).
59. I drive my friends (from work) to lunch just about every day, because they drive like old ladies.
60. They say I scare them - that's 'cause they drive like old ladies.
61. I love pedicures and get one at least every third week.
62. I don't dye my brownish black hair and now it's turning silver (doesn't that sound better than grey).
63. I'm addicted to Avon's dew kiss lip gloss (if it's considered gloss).
64. I could never be on Survivor because I would need my dew kiss and my toothbrush.
65. I floss just about every day.
66. I have over 100 pictures in my office of my family and friends (some in frames, some in collages, but mostly just posted up by pins).
67. I just bought new dishes - olive green, terracotta, gold and eggplant.
68. Since Dogology bought me martini glasses for my 46th b-day, I made martini's for the first time last weekend.
69. I love to dance - but not to country western (I'm a klutz when someone leads).
70. Music has always been important in my life.
71. I used to love to fly, but lately flying makes me queasy and off balance.
72. I'm dreading the flight overseas!
73. I'd rather be going someplace where it's hot and sunny, with a beach (so what if I've already said this).
74. I like chocolate chip cookies w/out nuts.
75. Walnuts and pecans chew up my mouth (I think I'm allergic).
76. I like drinking milk w/chocolate chip cookies (or chocolate cake).
77. Cereal is the best breakfast for me.
78. I mostly don't eat breakfast though.
79. After I eat, I always have to blow my nose.
80. My family (and friends) hate this 'cause they say I sound like a foghorn.
81. I hate shoes, and mostly wear sandals or flip flops, even in the winter.
82. I can get away with it here in NM only because it's sunny most of the time.
83. I get about 20-30 catalogs a week in the mail.
84. I only order from about 6 catalogs.
85. I'm fairly organized and love my house to be.
86. At work, my cubicle is a hodge podge of junk and doesn't reflect how my house looks at all.
87. I love to give advice, if asked.
88. I'm really liking having male friends, they give a different perspective on how I see things.
89. I like to gamble, but my limit has been not losing more than $100 in an evening.
90. I don't go that often so feel this limit is ok.
91. I love going to new restaurants and trying new food.
92. I don't like sushi and have tried it many times since I lived in Hawaii and the women I worked with brought it in every day for breakfast.
93. I love sunrises and sunsets.
94. I love lightening storms.
95. I love going to arts and crafts shows and seeing how talented people are - it always amazes me what people can create with their hands.
96. I don't like crowds, but it doesn't limit me from going to crowded places.
97. I'm too quick to anger, if someone has cut me off on the road or you drive to slow.
98. I generally speak my mind.
99. I used to be somewhat introverted, but over the years, this has changed.
100. I hate writing letters with a pen - typing and emailing it is so much faster.
101. I feel I've accomplished a lot with this list.

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now tell me something I don't know...

 
At 12:54 PM, March 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see anything about your charity work with the physically handicapped....

 
At 12:22 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

dog-you didn't know about #42!

hrh-you think you're soooo funny!

 
At 12:42 AM, March 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP acuvue review torics contact lens Lipitor and dental work 2 acuvue colour contact lens acuvue advanced astigmatism

 

Post a Comment

<< Home