Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Last night....

I played darts for the first time since I left Virginia almost 15 years ago. I worked for DOD and it was the best job I ever had, a fixed wing unit at Ft. Belvoir. Anyway, every day at 2:00 we'd close down operations and go to our break room and play darts until we left at 4:00 (and if that got boring, we'd use the hangar for chair basketball). I forgot until last night, how much I loved that game. Chris, Pat and I started just throwing them and eventually Mark came over (he was totally interested in Chris) and reminded me how to actually keep score. I loved it. I can't wait to go back and play again. Next time though, it needs to be when I don't have to come in to work the next day since I'm running on only four hours of sleep.

So we make a pit stop before leaving (after Chris and Mark exchange numbers) and we're all talking about what a nice guy he is, great conversationalist, totally paid for all three of us girls all night (not just Chris). Just a great guy, and he was actually closer in age to us (younger of course but closer). He's in the military, stationed at Holloman. Back to the bathroom - Chris now tells us that she just didn't find him attractive (I thought he was cute especially after talking to him all night - and I wasn't drunk, I was drinking water the last three hours). So I'm the first one out of the stall and washing my hands when the last stall opens and out comes this gal that was with Marks' friend all night. She heard everything we said. Next comes Pat and I motion to her w/my eyes to shut it and Chris is still just yakking away. When she finally comes out I motion to her, she wanted to die. She's not cruel and she felt like a heel at that point. What do you do? You shut up and act like the leper isn't in the room (anyway, that's what we did). I just hope this girl didn't go and blab and possibly hurt Mark's feelings.

7 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Haha, girls bathroom code of ethics. Never thought of that, but it would be a great story premise. Oh, the possibilities.

 
At 9:14 PM, February 17, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

Normie-you're right! It should stay, but this girl wasn't friendly w/us. She pretty much ignored us all night.

Brit-you so get it!

 
At 12:34 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger SJ said...

Have to say the guy deserves to know. She should have told him right there and then as soon as she give him her number that it wasn't going anywhere - I mean what else is he going to think when she didn't?

 
At 10:59 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

Ian-ok, i totally understand what you're saying, but like i told her, initially the physical attraction isn't all it's cracked up to be. sometimes it good to start talking to the guy and find out what he's made of. she listened to me and is actually going to go out w/him. the alcohol sometimes clouds our judgment.

 
At 11:24 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Jerrster said...

all the real good talk is in the women's restroom...I always suspected such a thing. Now I know.

 
At 7:37 AM, February 21, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

Yes Jerry-it really is. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall. :)

 
At 5:52 AM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Yse ultram Do incorporate keno online Californian horse barrel racing International travel domains released Free cleopatra slot game the way companies make tires Used inkjet plotter international freight company international movers dluxmovers.com Can you overdose on anti depressants Hot voyeur pictures Buick riviera transmission Moving raleigh services Pharma online canada pharmasy propecia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home