Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Marco . . . Polo . . .

I feel like my like/lust life right now is a game of M/P. The worst part is I don't know if I should be yelling M or P. Sometimes the M is so loud it reverberates back in my ear and other times, the P is lost somewhere between N and O. I know I'm not making sense, but my hot boy isn't making sense.

Marco - start flirting by email and visiting (all at work)
Polo - after 3 months of flirting and a specific email asking, I tell him how I feel
Marco - A, I am enjoying being your friend
Polo - Fine, but technically you're more of an acquaintance
Marco - Here's flowers and a card for your b-day (given to me at work)
Polo - You've made my day and night (he came to my happy hour)
Marco - email, visit, email, visit - more flirting
Polo - I missed your b-day....why didn't you say anything?
Marco - I wanted it low key
Polo - Get him a music DVD of his fav artist w/funny card...
Marco - email, call, visit....next day, email, call, visit
Polo - smile, smile, smile....next day, smile, smile, smile

I've not been so smitten by a man since....well who knows when, but I am. And part of me is sad because he hasn't asked me out (yet??). And the other part is so excited by the possibility of going out w/him. Yes children are involved and yes his divorce was final last year. I know I've been told to be patient (he's interested, so they say) and believe me, I understand since I didn't put myself out there for 9 years after my divorce. Is it different for men? It's almost starting to make me ache, I want him so badly. Plus, I've dreamt of him almost every night this week - and since I've met him, I've only dreamt of him once before. Why so much now? Does the word consume mean anything! :( I know, I'm irritating my self.

7 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger SJ said...

Have you actually told him straight out what you would like from him, and asked what his thoughts are? I think that's something you need to do at this stage.

 
At 9:17 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Hehe... good analogy. Reminds me of this:


http://youtube.com/watch?v=lIvAnpEHvYA

 
At 8:05 AM, March 03, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

Normie-patience is the key huh? I'm thinking I don't have a choice but to be.

Ian-I have. He knows how I feel and he told me the quote I listed in this post (the "friends" thing).

Brit-you like that huh? :)

 
At 9:54 AM, March 03, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Love the way you summed it up with Marco Polo...that's freakin' genius!

 
At 12:54 PM, March 03, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

Thank you KC-I woke up with that phrase in my head-weird huh.

 
At 9:45 AM, March 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Allegra 05

 
At 7:48 AM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site home insurance Jeep overhead console Microsoft outlook 2000 training cd Backpacks with rifle scabbards Winter camping kancamagus Becast chrysler jeep jvc batteries Mis-matched gene colon cancer Jetstream pressure washer neurontin withdrawal water bed sheet Fms flight management system training Mega catch mosquito trap replacement cartridges Credit dispute report score

 

Post a Comment

<< Home