Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Know What's the Best....

...a great night of sleep. Am I just getting old that sleep is now important to me? You know what sucks, waking up at 2:30 a.m. and knowing you have to get up at 5:00. But it sucks even more when you can't fall back asleep and you watch 3:00, 3:15, 4:00....

KWB: Having your friends over for dinner with candles being the only light in the house.
KWS: Having your mom show up (to give me a valentine-is it possible to be sweet and a pain?) and have her rudely say "can you please turn on some lights so I can see!"

KWB: Spending the day in Santa Fe w/same friends and enjoying shopping without buying anything.
KWS: Regretting not buying that dang red purse!

KWB: Driving 110 back from Santa Fe for no reason other than your car just likes to go fast.
KWS: Being back in time to watch the best show in the world, Grey's Anatomy, and forgetting about it because you go to friends house and drink wine instead!

KWB: Going to church w/best friend, not paying attention to sermon, saying something to her about some girls shoes w/white elephantitis socks and have her respond by showing me her white socks! I just about had to leave because I'm so immature when I get the giggles, but at least it wasn't just me-she had tears streaming from her eyes too.
KWS: Finding out the next morning that our pastor resigned and his last sermon I should have been listening, I was too busy laughing.

KWB: Having your friends call you to tell you this news.
KWS: Having your friends call you to tell you this news.

KWB: Attending the same church for the past 10 years and feeling like it's a home away from home.
KWS: That our pastor is leaving because of politics within the church. It goes to show that we cannot look to men, only to God for our strength and convictions.

6 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, February 21, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I love Grey's Anatomy! In fact, I'm listening to the soundtrack right now. It's excellent.

I always get the giggles when it's inappropriate to have them. And of course, that just leaves to more laughter.

 
At 11:50 AM, February 21, 2006, Blogger SJ said...

This sleep comment rang true. Considering I've been up since 3am, it's now 5.48am and my alarm is going to go off in 12 minutes. Damn insomnia :(

 
At 3:30 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

Normie-this is not the first time this friend of mine has made me laugh uncontrollably, in church, twice, this past year. She got me kicked out of math our junior year :).

KC-Grey's is my new drug of choice!

Ian-you're too young to have this happen to you. You're not going thru menopause are you? JK :)

 
At 7:07 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Grey's is life... period.

KC - I have the soundtrack too! It's amazing. Actually, if you go to the official site they have a list of the music for every single episode. I usually find a new one to obsess over every week. It's great.
Good indie stuff, for sure.

And as for you and Mom laughing in church... well, I'm not suprised. I'm sure Stevie and I would have rolled our eyes in embarrassment. Alas...

 
At 12:39 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger SJ said...

Ha! Not that I know!

 
At 7:10 AM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home