Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lunch with "the boy"

Went to lunch w/him yesterday and feel somewhat satisfied since we rarely have spent time away from work together. I'm the one who initiates us leaving the restaurant, I'm the one who initiates us getting out of the car and I'm the one who initiates the goodbye since we were standing for a few minutes outside of his office (he didn't seem in any hurry to get back). So what does he do, he grabs my hand and shakes it....seriously, then puts his hand in a fist and holds it out for me to do the same so we can bang knuckle to knuckle. I wrote him this morning because he asked a question of me yesterday that I had a hard time answering. I p.s'd it by letting him know "no more w/the handshake - I want hugs."

I don't want to just be his friend...whine, whine, whine

4 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, March 09, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

He shook your hand?! But...I mean...it's...he shook your hand? He is the master of confusing signals, I'll give him that.

 
At 12:28 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger SJ said...

This all sounds a bit bizarre... Does he also call you "Madam"..? :)

 
At 1:53 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

LadyK-yes, he does. i even caught him eyeing me up and down because he thought his sun glasses were reflective enough for me not to see them. it was overcast and i could totally see him checking me.

Normie-i think he's the one who's scared. just divorced last year and i've been almost 10 years.

KC-understatement!! even my friends at work say he's the master.

Ian-shit...not yet. i guess that's next.

 
At 7:12 AM, March 13, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

LadyK-he's worth it, and i haven't felt like that about someone in a very long time.

Normie-i know it explains alot, dammit. (grey's was good, but not one of their best.)

Igrl-so some shock therapy is how i need to handle? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home