Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I'm a dreamer . . . .

I dream every night. Most times, I remember my dreams and they're bizarre. They're very detailed and I have even laughed so hard in my dreams, that I wake myself up. I very rarely dream scary dreams - and if they are scary (in my mind), it's always about the ocean engulfing me, or that I haven't locked the doors in a house that I never been in or isn't my own. I dream in color, and I can taste food in my dreams. And the best dreams are the kissing dreams - I feel everything.

So why do I bring this up....well lately, I've been daydreaming. Yeah. Like yesterday, I was reading a book during my lunch hour and I had to re-read a paragraph at least 5 times. I could not stop thinking about someone. I hate that this person consumes me. Last night in church, I totally tuned out one of our pastors. I guess, at least, I listened to the other two, but the second one, couldn't tell you one thing he said. I'm thinking this isn't a good trait to have....that of a daydreamer....

7 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, May 18, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Daydreams are still dreams, and its important to let them consume you from time to time. The Monkees would disagree, my dear. Daydream Believers are worth talking (and singing) about! :) So cheer up sleepy toes because its a good trait to have!

 
At 3:39 PM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Jerrster said...

holy crap I was just doing this the other day at lunch....the guy I was having lunch with was talking away and I was miles away in my head....and it was just like in the movies or TV....suddenly there was no sound and his mouth was moving and I was thinking about someone else....and it was only when he started to give me a concerned look that I snapped out of it...wow--strange.

 
At 4:33 PM, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palllease,
We've been listening to these dreams for 30 years. Now we're going to have to listen to the day dreams too? I'm sorry, we don't have enough time in the day...
(l)... :)

 
At 1:41 AM, May 19, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

cute thursday, love the comparison to the song.

jerry, i do that to my friends all the time. one of my girlfriends has now reverted to asking a question at the end of her very long dialog just to make sure i'm listening....how rude huh??

oh, it's dogology, speaking of.....and yes, you will be listening for another 30 years unless the Lord comes sooner...:)

 
At 8:38 AM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm moving.

 
At 1:23 PM, May 20, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

fag...to where...i'll find you...plus, you'd miss me so much you'd call begging me to tell you my dreams.

 
At 9:26 PM, May 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IN YOUR DREAMS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home