Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I am . . . .

I AM: a mother of a 21 year old today - Steven Anthony born 3:08 a.m. June 28, 1985! How is this possible??

I SAID: "I don't ever want to be pregnant again!!" cry, cry, cry as the doc has his hand up my como se llama, twisting the little buggar because he decided that he didn't like the internal monitor they stuck on his little head....so he decided he'd show them they weren’t going to mess with him in the womb....that was his room!

I WANT: my sons to be happy - to not regret and to make only good choices for themselves.

I NEED: them to be the men of God that I've tried to raise them to be, but do it joyfully, and without guilt, because we all make mistakes.

I WISH: to be married again, to someone I adore and who will adore me. James Dobson wrote "I remember being in Sunday school class when I was young and our teacher told us once to not marry the one you can live with, but the one you can't live without."

I HATE: such a strong word, but just to play along, I'd say I hate the people of this world who bring terror to children, or those who try to terrorize innocent people because of their misguided religious beliefs. Yeah, I hate that.

I MISS: having sex!

I FEAR: growing old without a partner, and not having sex!

I HEAR: that you shouldn't take life so seriously because no one gets out alive anyway!

I WONDER: what my future daughter in laws will be like? My prayer is that they'll be encouraging to both my sons and that they'll always be able to make them laugh.

I REGRET: not being a better wife.

I AM NOT: someone that takes life too seriously...if I can't have fun, what's the point?

I DANCE: best with my girls...dogology, fag and gebes are the best dance partners a girl could ask for.

I SING: horribly, but I play a mean air bass guitar!

I AM NOT ALWAYS: in the mood to talk. Sometimes people need to recognize the signs and stay away.

I MAKE: a mean lasagna!

I WRITE: because it soothes me.

I CONFUSE: myself....all the time....over analyzing.

I SHOULD: exercise more often...just walking to get my heart rate going. I know I'd feel better.

I START: every morning with a poop! No constipation here!

I FINISH: every night with a face wash, teeth brushed and a thanks to God for my life.

I BELIEVE: in the Lord Jesus Christ. He's my savior and I'll see him someday!

I KNOW: this is true because His word is real. Just the mention of His name invokes real passion from those who know him and those who don't.

I CAN: do anything if I set my mind to it, I just choose not to put my mind to some of those things that feel like a man should do them.

I CAN'T: lose weight...I've kept it the same for over 10 years (give or take 5 lbs.) but maybe it's more of I just don't want to make that commitment 'cause I know how hard it was last time I did it.

I SEE: so much better now that lasik surgery became a part of my life almost two years ago. I was legally blind before the surgery.

I BLOG: because my baby girl (ms. Brit) got me addicted. She's truly one of the most gifted writers out there in blog land.

I READ: to take me to another place - so mostly fiction.

I AM AROUSED BY: an engineer who visits quite often...that smile, those eyes, that ass....and forget about those emails!

IT PISSES ME OFF: when a stupid ass driver decides she ('cause it usually is) wants to drive in the fast lane instead of moving her stupid slow ass over to let me get by!

I FIND: that when I'm down, I can call any one of my friends and they'll either join me in my funk or they'll get me out of it and either way, it's all good!

I LIKE: to try new foods...going to new restaurants and enjoy trying new wines.

I LOVE: the thought of being in love. I also love the beach and will be there in two days!

9 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

An engineer's a*s....no thats a blog!!

 
At 1:54 PM, June 28, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

sugar, i'll say it's a blog unto itself, and then some! wheewwww! makes me quiver thinking about it! :)

normie, mom's recipe with my twist on it. i use rotel canned tomatoes w/green chili, extra hot! it's all about the sauce!

and he doesn't have to look far, stupid boy!

 
At 9:02 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I love this! I might have to steal it...

 
At 9:35 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

kc, steal away :)

 
At 7:28 AM, July 02, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Popsicle Toes ~
1) Oh I hope you enjoy the beach! :)
2) So will you share your lasagne recipe? ;)
3) I am so chicken to do lasik. I would pass out; I know it. You are courageous!
4) Want more details on this engineer!
xoxo
TN

 
At 10:02 PM, July 02, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

the beach has been so awesome the past two days!! i'm sooooo happy when it's sunny, i'm swimming and salt water is clearing out anything lingering in the nasal cavity!! seriously beautiful weather here in san diego this past weekend.

lasagne recipe, ummmm, what's weird is i don't have a recipe, it's from scratch and i guess i could tell you what i use but i don't follow anything....i don't know how much i use, i just use....tomato sause, tomato paste, rotel tomato's w/chili, oregano, basil, italian seasoning, salt, thyme, pepper, onion....i add all of this to already cooked hamburger and hot sausage (jimmy dean) w/onion and fresh garlic and salt. the filling between the lasagne is a combo of parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheese....putting the sauce on top of the cheese before the next layer of pasta....see....i don't have a recipe, it's in my head, like all of my recipes.

lasik is the best tiny! it's absolutely the best thing i've ever done, since i was blind, and now i see.

i hope i can give you more details on that man....i soooo want to give you more details. he did call me two nights ago....a first! :)

 
At 9:08 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, the beach has been AWESOME!!! i'm going again today. don't know if i mentioned or not, but i'm in san diego. won't be home until sunday. i'm getting in as much beach time as possible. :)

 
At 10:46 PM, January 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 
At 5:19 AM, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read http://www.domain-name-0.info/Nexium.html windows 2000 server antivirus Toucan cheap calls Stores canada proactiv products Control dsl parental Acura dealer parts discount 1988 900 saab turbo T3 ionic hair dryer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home