Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Friday, June 23, 2006

No sleep = no brain waves . . . .

I've been feeling like crap for two days now and the only good thing that's come out of it was my boy felt bad for me. He called me and asked if he could bring me back something since he was headed out to run errands for lunch....I said crackers would be good (my stomie wasn't doing well and I've had a persistent neck ache which shoots pain the the back of my right eye). Anyway, after our staff meeting yesterday, I came back to find on my desk, a care package consisting of pedialyte (I had told him I hate gatorade - and believe me, pedialyte has the same "YUK" factor as gatorade), saltine crackers, a package of gummy lifesavers, a package of cream savers and a pack of gum. How sweet was that! As you can tell, it doesn't take much to please me.

I think I sweated out whatever has been trying to hang on because last night, I was soaking wet when I woke up, and it wasn't the good sweat! :) Have a great weekend!

11 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..."and it wasn't the good sweat"?TMI! and then..."Have a great weekend!" ?...I will - if I can get my eyes to quit bleeding!

 
At 8:35 AM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Your eyes are bleeding?!?

Gosh, I love your son.

 
At 12:17 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

people - it wasn't my boy...it was my HOT BOY - from work!!! OMG!!! (shaking head wondering what are you thinking!!!)

normie, you're excluded 'cause, well, you just are, but those other two!! eeeesssshhhh!!!

 
At 1:51 PM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO! Again, this is your fault. I too thought we were talking about your youngest. You need to differentiate between "boy" and "hot-boy". I think the fever killed more brain cells. I am glad you're feeling better. Want to go to a movie tonight?

KT - You kill me....over and over and over again. Love you

 
At 4:41 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Popsicle Toes~
That boy sounds as sweet as a gummy lifesaver. :) Please feel better soon!
xoxo
Amy

 
At 12:53 AM, June 25, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

(After reading the comments, looks like I was the only one who knew which boy you were talking about. Do I get a Scooby treat?)

Anyway, like Rachel on Friends said about banging your head against the wall: "if it's not a headboard, it's just not worth it." Now my paraphrase, "if it's not a good sweat, it's just not worth it."

But how sweet was the care package? Aww...

 
At 6:17 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

kc, yes you get a scooby treat! what was wrong w/those people who claim to know me best???? geez! yeah, i'm waiting for the good sweat....

 
At 6:19 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

thanks amy, i am better! just tired, but san diego will change my latitude coming up soon...4 more days!

 
At 9:47 PM, June 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it's because most women refer to the opposite sex as "my man" not "my boy"...

(but then there was that vegas "boy"...and I do mean b-o-y)

so with you - we just never know!

 
At 11:35 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

Hahaha... touche to Miss Highness herself.

Oh. Oh, embarrassing.

 
At 2:54 AM, March 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home