Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Thursday, July 06, 2006

It'll humble you . . . .

I was in the water, talking to someone I had just met, when the biggest dang wave came out of nowhere and knocked me on my ass today!! I love how the ocean doesn't care who you are, what you are, where you've been....it'll still put you where it wants you! I love the ocean....two more days....not sure if my nose will be able to take it since it's slightly on the burnt side.

7 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, July 06, 2006, Blogger Jerrster said...

what is with you guys...stop tanning....It CAN kill you!!!!

 
At 8:11 AM, July 07, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

i don't try to tan - actually i always stay under the umbrella. i just love the water and am swimming half the time i'm out!

 
At 7:31 PM, July 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the power of ocean water is a fear of mine. However, someone/something needs to knock you on your ass once in awhile....HA! : )

 
At 11:46 PM, July 07, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, i am having a wonderful time! family, friends and the beach, what's not to love!

dog, maybe a kick in the ass, but geez, lighten up....i don't need to be KNOCKED down....plus, you know, you'll be the one picking me up....do you really want that job?? :)

 
At 8:35 PM, July 08, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Ohhh, the beach!! Man, I'm so jealous! Sun, good friends, paper umbrellas in your cocktail...yep, total jealously. Heck, I'm even jealous of your sunburned nose.

I was 15 when I saw the ocean for the first time; everything about it awed me: the vastness, the sound, the smell, the power. Still does.

 
At 6:50 PM, July 09, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

No worries, just slather yourself in aloe and all will be fine. ;)

Sometimes going under is fun...unless jellyfish are present! ;)

Glad you are having a great time!

 
At 12:17 PM, February 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home