Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The dog whisperer . . .

Last night, I went to sleep watching Mr. Cesar Millan (aka: the dog whisperer - he's a genius), and apparently he invaded my sleep. I dreamt about him and some dog I don't own. How weird. But as I was thinking about this dream, I started thinking, why can't I become the "person" whisperer? You know, kinda like how Cesar does his Jedi mind tricks. Why can't I do that with the people around me.

My boss walks in and tells me he needs reports for a 2:00...

I put out my hand first and say "shttttttt" (just like Cesar)...

My boss heels, and I wave my hand and tell him (now you know I'm incorporating both his technique and the Jedi masters technique here), "you don't want me to run these reports....you want to run them yourself....and while you're at it, you want to put me in for an on the spot award." He walks away telling himself "why did I bother Ms. A with this trivial stuff...she works so hard...I need to put her in for an award."

Or than engineer I've been wanting....to ask me out....:)

He walks in my office and starts to tell me about his day....

I put out my hand first "shtttttt"

He heels, and I wave my hand and tell him "you don't want to tell me about your day....you want to tell me how nice I look and how good I smell....and before you know it, you're asking me out on an official date, not lunch!!" He walks away asking himself "why haven't I kissed this girl....kiss....why haven't I asked this girl to marry me - she's perfect?"

or my mom . . .

She calls and starts with how I haven't called or visited....

"shhhtttttt.....you don't want to tell me off.....you want to tell me how you thought of me when you bought that new turquoise necklace, and now feel the need to give it to me".....

oh yeah....

I'm liking this new power....who would you use it on??

5 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, August 08, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

i'd use it on myself....self, don't think that horrible thing you're thinking about that person.......nope, it doesn't work! :)

 
At 9:40 PM, August 10, 2006, Blogger Jerrster said...

I click right by that show...I don't want no whispering going on....to animals or me....but invisible powers now we are talking...can you imagine being invisible...or having an invisible pet dog....you could over feed him corn based food and then send his invisible self to your cranky neighbors, to dump on their lawn!!! or hell even if I had those powers of invisiblish-ness....I'd do it.

wish that could happen.

 
At 4:46 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

These are not the droids you are looking for...

 
At 8:14 AM, August 18, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

jer, i have always said that invisible power would be what i would choose as my super hero power. to be a fly on the wall...now that's power!

sugar, please splain to me what droids i am looking for then...:)

 
At 3:58 PM, February 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Freeware video keno Fluoxetine 2bside 2beffect Regulate cholesterol Back to school stationery goldmine slots 2 0 trainer Vacation 2ftrip insurance Antidepressants+and+alcohol free slot machine of wheel of fortune

 

Post a Comment

<< Home