Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm not a sap, but I'm feeling sappy . . .

I had an email from a friend today asking me what was wrong. He didn't think that I seemed happy.

How can this special man who hasn't seen me or talked to me on a daily consistant basis, know that something was wrong?

Something is wrong. I'm hung up on a man who isn't hung up on me. Yeah, we flirt and we hug and we email and we go to lunch and we do all the things that on the surface make a girl feel like there could be something, but there isn't.

Why do men do that? Why lead someone on if there isn't anything. I've had most of my friends tell me that he's playing with me...he's liking the attention that I give him. But why? Why want my attention if you're not interested?

I've asked and no one has told me HOW to stop caring. He's been the first man I've been interested in since my divorce over ten years ago. So HOW do I cut him off? I don't want to do this anymore. I want to be someones yes and not someones maybe. So HOW? I'm asking for help here. How do I turn it off? And believe me...I've tried, but I suck at this not caring thing.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, August 18, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Yeah, what normie said.

Plus, sometimes men just plain don't get it. Their loss.

 
At 6:01 AM, August 21, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

thanks normie, for the hugs and your insight. you always know just what to say....thanks!

kc, ain't that the truth!

igrl, i have tried to stay mad, disappointed, reserved....that's when he'll come around more and then do something sweet like burn me a cd. he's annoying!

 
At 8:20 PM, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you are a sap.

 
At 2:36 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Lushy said...

I'm late on this one.

This is not easy to do, but you have to care about yourself more than you care about him. You deserve more than this. When you truly believe you deserve more than what he is offering you, the switch in your feelings will be automatic.

You deserve someone who will adore you and who will not be afraid or hesitant to act on it. Don't accept anything less. Do not settle for less than you want.

In the meantime, it's always an ego boost to have someone that's just fun, and only fun, to flirt with, no?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home