Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Monday, September 25, 2006

Blue Monday . . .

What a terrible football weekend....my beloved Steelers are not playing up to par and they better get it together FAST or we're gonna be playing catch up the rest of the year. Big Ben is the key factor in my books. He's off his mark, Hines couldn't catch shit and even my heart throb Troy isn't making any big plays. What is going on w/these men??? Very frustrating to watch.

So, Grey's didn't disappoint. I swear I love that show and for Christina to tell Meredith that she was dark and twisty showed again, that the writers are geniuses. Don't we all have that dark and twisty side though . . . . I hate to admit it but I know my dark side comes out quite often. Like when I see someone fall, why can't I just go help that person, why is it that I immediately laugh (see, D&T); or when I watch a movie like Kill Bill and see an eyeball being plucked from the villains eye as she thrashes on the floor in pain and I'm cracking up while everyone else is watching in horror (D&T); or when I get the email that's titled "how I quit smoking" and it's a quick video showing a handful of people out on a balcony smoking, and some guy is ready to walk out with them, when all of a sudden, the balcony falls off the building with everyone possibly falling to their deaths....yeah, you got it, I'm LOL in my office instead of feeling sorry for all those smokers....(D&T).

I'm not proud of this side of me, but it is who I am. So what makes you D&T??

9 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, September 25, 2006, Blogger Steph said...

Oh my gosh, another slightly disappointed Steelers fan - a kindred soul at this point. I have no idea what they're thinking. When you have the same record as the Dolphins at this point, it's time to switch something up. My daughter and I have tickets to go see them on the 8th when they're in San Diego - I can't wait, but I'm going to be really embarrassed standing in a crowd full of Charger fans, wearing our Steelers jerseys and have them not show up.
I can't think of any specific D&T moments right now, but my friends would say my life is full of them! :)

 
At 12:24 PM, September 25, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

No! Derek IS a good guy too... he's just scary and damaged/dark and twisty just like Meredith. That doesn't make him the "not nice guy."

Plus, This is Meredith and Derek. McDreamy and Dr. Grey. MerDer.
It's like Ross and Rachel. They can do whatever they like right now, but it's gonna end up that way. IT BETTER!

 
At 11:29 PM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's her lobster!

 
At 6:33 AM, September 26, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, LOL on your version of D&T!! and then LOL again with your toasty story. you cracked me up today - man i need some of that coffee your drinking! :)

steph, thanks for stopping by. i enjoyed reading your blog yesterday. as for the steeler/charger game, i'm VERY jealous - first because you'll be in san diego (my home away from home) and second because you'll be at qualcom watching two of my favorite teams (with the steelers being number one of course!)

brat, yeah, they are kinda a ross and rachel...i can see that. or a mr. big and carrie....

fag, you're a dork!

 
At 11:19 AM, September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He IS her lobster!

But more to the point of your post... paaahlease. I'm the Grand Jedi Master of dark and twisty. I INVENTED dark and twisty.

My friends in high school used to tell me that I had no soul.
My Murray staff will still talk about my first real introduction to the group, talking about how I'd have an away message up about drowning a bag of kittens.
Kill Bill, Sin City, and any overly violent horror film will cause me to LAUGH.

Anyway.. oh yeah... I'm scary and damaged, dark and twisty Britney.

 
At 12:00 PM, September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hita, if my deliveries weren't so vivid, i'd swear you came from my loins . . .

 
At 4:06 PM, September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your womanhood wasn't so blatantly obvious (ie, perpetual crying and boobs the size of small moons) then I'd swear you might be my father...

 
At 5:03 PM, September 26, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

You think you got problems? Look at my Giants and Shockey's mouth this weekend. Ugh. We are a mess. But I was not blue by Monday night because of the Saints. :)

 
At 8:05 AM, September 27, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

jita, moons?? :) nice.

thursday, dang, giants just let it go to long before trying to make their come back and dang, shockey's comment was way out of line. but you know, they get emotional too...how can they not with their adrenaline running at full blast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home