Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Friday, August 25, 2006

Gotta love friday . . .

I get every other friday off and believe me, it does a body good! To not have to do the daily routine is a blessing. Plus, right now work is stressing me out. I have felt like we're functioning in crisis mode for over 3 months now. It's bizarre and I look forward to any time off I can get.

So, on my fridays off, there are so many things I enjoy doing....lets start w/:

Sleeping in....I get up at 5:00 every morning and when I get to sleep in 'till 7:30/8:00ish, I'm a happy girl. It's amazing how those extra couple of hours rejuvenate ones mind.

Sitting in my swing, drinking my coffee....I love to wake up, make my coffee and sit in my backyard porch swing. Many times I'll read for hours on that swing, if I don't have anything else to do. My boys did so good with that mothers day gift two years ago.

Zoom, Zoom....I love my Mazda 3. She's so hot, and driving her is almost orgasmic. I speed and I swear I understand why race car drivers get addicted (I'm all about taking fast turns too). Now I'm not into NASCAR and the such just because it's too loud, but I understand the need for speed. Plus, my car has the best sound system - I blast my music (all of this when I'm by myself of course).

Hit the movies....Yes, I'm hooked on the big screen. I can go by myself or mostly, I try to take my mom since she loves to go too. And yeah, I like the sappy love stories more than anything else. But a good comedy works too. (Small popcorn, extra salt and butter and a cola Icee.)

Shop 'till I drop....I'm a shopaholic and it's my mothers fault...she's just as bad. I love it all....Jewelry, shoes, clothes, housewears, music....it doesn't matter. It's all good.

Dinner at a good restaurant....I don't usually eat dinner during the week (we eat out at lunch just about every day), so I like to eat out at a good restaurant at least once a week and enjoy an amazing dinner. Seafood or steak is my preference and always with a glass of wine. Tonight though, we're hanging at Fag's so we're at her mercy with what we get fed tonight....

did I mention sleeping in.....have a great weekend everyone!

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, August 27, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Mmmmm. This post is rejeuvenating just to read! I hope you had a lovely weekend!

 
At 8:30 PM, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, in a nut shell, that's about all we do besides work...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home