Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Such a good weekend . . .

Started off celebrating my friend Annie's b-day on Friday night. I know we're supposed to be looking older, but I swear my friends aren't aging. (Am I kidding myself because I don't want to look old?) Seriously, look at Annie (just turned 45) and Dogology (46). I'm sorry....they look good!

















Then, off to Taos for the wedding. My Mattie drove us and again, I'm telling you, some girl is going to get the whole package 'cause he's beautiful - inside and out (and so freaking smart). He shared lots with me on what projects he's up to, (besides his regular job) and he's someone that someday I'll be able to say "I knew Mattie back when......." (plus, just look at that smile - stinking lights up a room!)
















We had so much fun traveling together, never a dull moment. We got to Taos a little before check-in so he and I went to the Rio Grande Gorge. OMG it was so beautiful. Check out how amazing this spot is . . .

this one is looking straight down . . .




















Then it was wedding time. I don't understand why all my wedding pics came out blurry, unless I just suck at inside pictures. It's to bad because Amanda (the bride) deserved to have every picture of her turn out as beautiful as she was. I'm posting this pic even though it's blurry because it shows her dancing w/her dad and you can see her tears streaming down her face. She was gorgeous!
















Well I wanted to post a couple more pics of my girls (and guy), but blogger won't let me (why does it do that). Guess I'll have to save them for another post. Peace out!

5 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Great pics! And you're right...Mattie's got a great smile! Does he want to come visit Denver? ;)

 
At 11:18 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Jerrster said...

awesome....and yes EVERYONE looked great!

 
At 6:26 AM, October 11, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, thanks, we did, i know, crazy girl, i know they do, i don't usually cry, she was the belle of the ball, mattie does huh....hadn't seen that before, he's single 'cause his ex is a very stupid lady, road trips....reminds me of one of my favorite songs by red hot chili peppers - "road trippin"

Road trippin' with my two favorite allies
Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies
It's time to leave this town
It's time to steal away
Let's go get lost
Anywhere in the USA

Let's go get lost
Let's go get lost

Blue you sit so pretty
West of the one
Sparkles light with yellow icing
Just a mirror for the sun
Just a mirror for the sun
Just a mirror for the sun

These smiling eyes are just a mirror for

So much as come before those battles lost and won
This life is shining more forever in the sun
Now let us check our heads
And let us check the surf
Staying high and dry's more trouble than it's worth
In the sun

These smiling eyes are just a mirror for

In Big Sur we take some time to linger on
We three hunky dory's got our snakefinger on
Now let us drink the stars
It's time to steal away
Let's go get lost
Right here in the USA

Let's go get lost
Let's go get lost

Blue you sit so pretty
West of the one
Sparkles light with yellow icing
Just a mirror for the sun
Just a mirror for the sun
Just a mirror for the sun

These smiling eyes are just a mirror for
These smiling eyes are just a mirror for
Your smiling eyes are just a mirror for

thanks for letting me think of that song normie :)

kc, glad you're back! he goes to denver all the time! if he reads this he needs to check out your blog and try to meet you out there! he's such a great guy.

jer, thank you sir!

igrl, i couldn't even talk about it on this post....had not one, but two bronco fans come in my office yesterday and give me shit! those boys are killing me! and yeah, that matt, he's a doll, but he's just my bud - we have a special friendship. if he lets me, i'll let you all know of his myspace site. i miss you on blogger!

 
At 8:44 AM, October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RESPONSE FROM MATTIE:

Taos was such a wonderful time. Here is my event sum up list:
* The dance-less wedding
* Lobster quesadillas
* Dancing to the bongos at The Alley
* Annette’s secret love affair with Don Julio
* Shitty Jazz Piano
* Is it MAT, TAM, or ATM
* The stinky/wet room
* Did you pull my hair? YEAH I DID!
* 15 miles the wrong way (where is the golf course?)
* The Sports Bar - 3 song limit
* And my favorite – I think this tequila is either bad or is it scotch?

Lets try and do this again VERY SOON. Can you say, "Road trip to Denver"?

And thank you for the reference to John Corbett. He was one of my favorite characters in the movie, "Serendipity".

 
At 1:34 PM, October 12, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, hey girl - yeah, we get to watch our show tonight!! no i didn't see the fight - they better not have hurt each other's faces.

mattie, my road tripper. i've laughed all over again reading your memories. stinky wet room....that's like a seinfeld show. and quit telling my "love affair" secrets. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home