Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

More Taos . . . .

Mr. Road Tripper reminded me that all was not perfect on this trip. Poor thing, he had the stinky pee room. Seriously. And he actually stayed in it all night. (I'm laughing so hard thinking about it right now - who stays in stinky pee room???). He woke up w/a bad headache the next morning, partly because he froze himself w/the window open, partly because he tied one on too and mostly because the smell just made him sick! Poor Mattie - bet he never does that again. :)

Ok, Taos always has to be different. The only other town that is like this is Austin, Texas (hence the "keep Austin weird" motto). Just look at this MickeyD's. It's not the norm....it's McTaos (this is for you RT).


This pic is for my girl Chris. This is her corner of Taos. She claimed it last time we were there with her ass! Literally! HAHA (Oh I love that girl!)


Then there's my girl Pat....doesn't that shit eating grin say it all! She doesn't have just a corner or a MickeyD's, or even a tree (yeah, the tree's mine), no, she has a mountain. She thinks it's hers. She is the queen of Taos and doesn't the queen deserve a mountain. No, I don't have a picture of it 'cause I don't know which one it is, but she does, and she's claimed it.




Ms. Chris w/her beau Mike. Don't they look marvelous!











Well that's all for now - I wanted to post a cute pic of me, Matt and Pat, but again, blogger is blocking me (stupid blogger). Can you tell I like hanging w/these people...yeah, they are my buds!

5 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Cheers to you and your buds, dahling! Thanks for sharing these photos!

 
At 3:38 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger SJ said...

Taos? Seriously? Why is it called McTaos?

 
At 10:58 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Steph said...

I'm with Pat! Don't we ALL deserve to claim mountains as our own?! :)
Yeah we do.

 
At 12:06 PM, October 15, 2006, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Huh, I didn't know you could claim things with your ass. My friend Chris must own half of Kansas City (maybe it's the name Chris that makes them clumsy...)!

Love it when you post your vacation pics...you guys always look like you're having such fun!

And Mattie suggested a road trip to Denver...y'all are welcome anytime!

 
At 6:21 AM, October 16, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

normie, it's weird how a road trip does that...make you do stupid things like claim a tree or a corner. :)

thursday, thank you sweetie!

scaramouche, you're new. thanks for stopping by. it's not called mctaos, "we" called it mctaos because they didn't put mcdonalds like most mickyd's. typical taos - gotta be different.

steph, don't encourage the girl! who knows what she'd claim next.

kc, it wasn't that my chris was clumsy....i think it was that last shot! :) yeah, we'll see if my road tripper and i can make it that way next year. i'd love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home