Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Aren't we all a little quirky??

I know I do quirky things that I don't even know how/why they started, but they've carried over even into the work place. Like yesterday, got a bag of M&M's, poured them all out on my desk and started sorting them by color, and then I eat them in 4's. Do you see anything wrong w/this? My friend saw me doing this when she walked in and she thought I was a little whacky - guess I won't tell her about my other obsessions:

- I have to have my clothes in my closet all lined up by color, shirts all together, next to jeans, next to pants, next to skirts, etc.
- when I eat Lucky Charms, I eat the marshmallows last, by charms, in 2's.
- when I work on an excel spreadsheet (almost every day), I have to have the columns lined up perfectly - I obsess with how it will print out.
- when someone talks, sometimes I count a word they've just said on my fingers, over and over and over.
- the towels that are hanging in my bathrooms have to be perfectly aligned
- when I travel, I have a certain pillow that has to come w/me, a pillow that I sleep with every night and has been with me for many years. And no, I don't care what's living in it.
- I can't set my timer on an even number - what I mean is I have my TV go off each night at 11:11 and I have it come on in the a.m. at 5:09 . . .I don't know why?
- the cash I keep in my wallet has to be all facing the same way, and sorted by denomination.

Well you get the gist . . .please tell me I'm not the only one!

7 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, January 25, 2006, Blogger Britney said...

You're a typical first born... sickingly OCD. It's ok, embrace it. Chew on it.
Whatever.

 
At 1:59 PM, January 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay...you're starting to scare me now. I'm not so sure I want to know about all these little "quirks". 'Makes me wonder... If she's admitting to these...what are the ones she's leaving out?
(Cue background music from Psycho)

:0

 
At 8:39 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

brat - i still need to read that book.

hrh - you should know everything about me by now. which one of these didn't you know??

normie - routines are good! it ensures everything gets put on. now the cleaning the butter dish...??? :)

 
At 11:29 AM, January 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you kidding me? The only one I did know about was that nasty thing you call a pillow. I am really surprised the airlines allow you to transport hazardous waste w/o a permit! :)

 
At 2:42 PM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you admit all that stuff? You sound like a wack job. And I agree with hrh kts about the skanky pillow... call haz mat.

 
At 2:48 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

you both are rude....guess that's why i love you!

 
At 12:42 PM, March 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home