Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

How does God do it??

Seriously - how did he create such beauty . . .

Quito and the surrounding area was so beautiful, and yet, there was a lot of poverty. I'll write more about my trip next week 'cause I've got too much going on here at work, but I did want to post a few pics.

This is the street outside the American Embassy . . .















me in front of the Embassy . . .















the park in front of my hotel . . .















see the angel on the hill waaaayyy in the back???















same angel . . . up close . . .





















Everything is built on a hill and some of it was modern, but a lot of it was old and falling apart. To me, it added to the beauty of the city. Quito is set in a long, shallow valley at an elevation of 2,800 m (9,200 ft) above sea level - it went for days (it seemed like anyway). Surrounded by green Andes peaks, Quito's weather was warm, but it got cold when it rained (which was every day), even though they're on the equator. Speaking of equator, my next set of pics will show the spot they call Mitad del Mundo.....middle of the earth.....it was amazing!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been "jonesin" for your Blog!!!! Glad you're back.....great photogs.....can't wait to see the others. Want some more "stories" from the trip as well.......
Peace,
Patti

 
At 11:25 AM, November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had a lovely time.

happy turkey day to you and yours!

 
At 2:48 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger afromabq said...

patti - waddup girl?? glad you're stopping by regular now. really excited that you'll be here in feb. - can't wait to see you and catch up!

hi kate - thanks for dropping in. happy t-day to you and yours too!

 
At 6:11 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Oh these photos are stunning; I am glad you had such a nice trip! I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was great! Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home