Popsicle Toes

Yup, I have 'em. But everything else is as warm as hot apple pie (it might have something to do w/the peri-menopausal thing going on w/me.)

Friday, October 12, 2007

TGIF . . .

Why do we love friday's so much? For me, and this really shows my age, it's 'cause I know I get to sleep in on the weekend. I know to some, sleeping in is a waste of time, but to me, I actually get energized and feel I can take on the new week.

So, here's some more randomness . . .

- next weekend is my girls weekend. we're headed to denver to watch my beloved steelers play the broncos. can't think of anything sweeter than a 'W' for the steelers at invesco field!

- every year in the fall (green chili season) mom stalks up on her stash of fresh chili by peeling and bagging two gunny sacks full. i went and helped her a couple nights ago and so have been eating this delectable treat since. fry up some corn tortillas and add chili and cheese, yummers . . . doesn't take much to make this girl happy.

- baby girl, emma june, turns 8 this weekend. its hard to believe my sons are older, but now my niece is too? it freaks me out that time really does fly, the older i get.

- yesterday at work, a co-worker and i cleaned files out of 10 long file drawers with stuff from 1992. left 12 bags of recyclable paper and 5 trashcans full of crap. budget people . . . we love our paperwork!

- i used to be wonderful w/puzzles (the brain tease type). well this week a girlfriend brought me a nine piece puzzle (3x3 squares) of hot air balloons. it took me three days to figure it out. now granted i am at work and didn't spend more than a few minutes at a time w/it, but three days!!??? sucking brain - she ain't what she used to be.

- i get email from several of the catalogs i buy from on a routine basis. this morning i received one from one of my favs and was finding things i loved. started my list and had the shopping bag filling up, but then, i stopped. i actually stopped and closed it w/out buying anything. weird! i must be going on a trip soon . . . :)

peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home